- Wotten Waven
Special offer Chamberlain Heritage site Watton Waven – 28th Feb. 2017
Chamberlain Heritage site Watton Waven –
1.3 acres, ( 57978 square feet @ EC $7.00) = EC$405,846. 00 | USD $150,313.00
Heritage Property at Watton Waven with Estate House Ruins & access to Hot Mineral Springs & Cold Clean Flowing River.
- The Property: A portion of land at Watton Waven, in the parish of St George, Dominica referred to as the Chamberlain Property, containing 1.331 acres, or 57978 sq ft, registered in book of titles A17 folio 53, and bounded as follows:- North remainder of land of Ivor Rolle separated by an access road; North-East, Watton Waven Estate, separated by a public road; East, Wotton Waven Estate separated by a river; South, remainder of land of Ivor Rolle separated by a water course; west, remainder of land of Ivor Rolle, as delineated in survey plan by G S Surveys.
- Location: The property is located in the heart of the Roseau Valley, approximately 15 minutes drive from the capital city of Roseau. It sits on an elevated ridge at the entrance of the quiet, but thriving Hot Spas and Ecotourism Village of Watton Waven with both Hot mineral water as well as clean flowing cold river water accessible to it. http://wottenwaven.communitytourism.dm/about/history/
Whilst it is completely secluded from the roadway below it, it quietly overlooks the Villages leading Wellness facilities, such as Tia’s Bamboo Cottages; Screw’s Sulfur Spring Spa and to the North West is Quantum Leap, US Chiropractor Facility.
In the early 20th century the Watton Waven Plantation was bought by W. H. Chamberlain and later sold to its present owners, members of the Rolle family. Chamberlain site is a cherished piece of Caribbean Plantation History. This was the site of the original Estate House, of which the stone Foundation walls still remain.
- Electricity: Electricity supply is at the boundary of the lands.
- Water: The Property is served by pipe borne water to its boundary. As well, Property A bounds with the ever flowing river. The owner has right of access to hot and cold water sources on adjacent properties owned by Ivor Rolle, His Estate and heirs, and right of passage of necessary water pipes. The owner has the right to connect to any piped water, electricity supply and other utilities brought in the vicinity of the property by Heirs of Ivor Rolle.
- Telephone, Internet, TV and other Utilities: The area is served by telephone, internet and cable Television services.
Offer subject to prior sale